Getting involved begins with a concern for your community. Getting involved does not necessarily require an enormous amount of time, energy or money. Education is the first line of defense.
Ask yourself: Is the seafood from Galveston Bay and its tributaries safe to eat? Is it safe to swim in Galveston Bay? Where does my drinking water come from? How is my drinking water being protected?
Ask your public officials to protect our natural resources.
Ask them if they support:
- Protecting our Wetlands
- Reducing pollution by denying permits to habitual polluters
- Reducing toxic air emission levels
- Encouraging Clean, Renewable Energy
- Supporting additional funding for parks
- Encouraging sustainable water use
Become a volunteer and be the eyes and ears of Galveston Bay by:
- Reporting polluters
- Writing an article for the Bay Times, or our E-Newsletter
- Teaching a group of students about Galveston Bay
- Educating friends and family as to what they can do (or not do) for a healthy bay
- Joining Galveston Baykeeper
- Donating to support our work by clicking on the "Donate Now" button on the top of the page
To volunteer to help Galveston Baykeeper in the above efforts please email email@example.com or by snail mail to:
P.O. Box 71
Seabrook, Texas 77586